x 5 Star Reviews Site

Persuasive Grandparent Rights Attorney Protecting Menomonee Falls Families

grandparent and grandchild in orchardUnder certain circumstances, grandparents have the legally-recognized right to visitation or custody of one or more of their grandchildren. Whether or not your grandchildren currently live with you, or whether they live with one parent or both, you may be able to seek visitation or custody depending on the present conditions. The Law Office of John F. Zeckel, S.C. can help you assert your rights and make a strong case for court-ordered grandparent/grandchild visitation or custody.

Why Grandparent Rights Need to be Recognized

Many grandparents are raising their grandchildren either temporarily or permanently. Legal custody documents or guardianship are often necessary to provide for the medical and educational needs of the child. Even if their parents consent to their children residing with you, there will be important events that arise requiring you to prove guardianship. For example, if your child suffers an injury at school and is taken to a hospital for surgery, they may need parental or guardian consent. If you do not have the necessary documentation and their parents cannot be reached, healthcare providers may be reluctant to authorize your healthcare directives.

When Experience & Skill Matters

Because Wisconsin courts try to satisfy every attempt to keep nuclear families together at all costs, claiming your grandparent rights may be difficult and time-consuming. We will build the strongest argument possible in your favor and provide all necessary documentation to sway the court. We know you simply want the best for your grandchildren and will do everything in our power to ensure they are firmly safe in your care.

The Law Office of John F. Zeckel, S.C. provides effective legal representation to clients who are facing grandparent rights issues in Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County, Washington County, and throughout southeastern Wisconsin. Contact our firm today at (262) 255-2050 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced lawyer.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search